...Beauty in Chaos...: Prayers Unanswered?

Friday, July 29, 2005

Prayers Unanswered?

I have prayed for almost 9 months about something, and I feel like my prayers are unanswered. It is sad and difficult and I can't help thinking that God has got it wrong. This can't really be His "plan".
I have prayed for friends, that they would have an "easy" time of it. That things would go smoothly and life would be less difficult this time. This is not the case. Life has thrown several curve balls at them within the last few weeks.
This is all happening to them, and I feel devastated. They seem to be taking things, for the most part, in stride (on the surface...?)
Having been through some of the same craziness myself in the past 8 months... my heart aches. I find myself asking all the usual questions, why, why them... but I am unsatisfied with the answer.
How is this God's plan?!!!!!
He is making these people very strong. Making them bend is every possible direction. What's the point?
I'm not angry at God, I'm sad that this seems unanswered right now. I know that things will seem clear one day and that everyone will survive. I just hoped for more grace.
I am thankful for the blessings that are present in the situation. I'm trying not to be ungrateful.
I'm so frustrated!
Ruth at 8:12 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, my friend. However, I must say that my prayers have gone unanswered for almost six years. yet, I continue to pray! The Lord woke me up one morning and clearly said,"my grace is sufficient for thee." That was comforting. However, I wanted more! Why has he allowed my daughter to be used against me as a leverage tool. Why has he allowed my enemies to prevail even when I was kind? Why? Nevertheless, my faith remains strong. He has done so much for me in my life that I cannot and will not leave him. God, the Father of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, loves us and will never leave or forsake us. Therefore, hold on! Be strong! Wait upon the lord.

September 29, 2005 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home