...Beauty in Chaos...: And Life Gos on...

Sunday, September 18, 2005

And Life Gos on...

Went to a wedding reception last night. We were only invited to the reception because the space for the ceremony was in someone's residence. That's a first... usually it's the other way round. Anyway the couple is lovely and the party was fun. Free booze, yummy food, baby sitter at home who when called at 9 pm said everyone was asleep... so I had another glass of wine! I'd bought a new party dress, only to see someone else with the same dress but floor length (mine was short). C'est la vie.
We left at 11 pm... could have stayed out all night but I think we're getting old or something.
Audrey slept through the night!
Cleaned the house today and did lots of yard work. Feels good. Had some friends and their kids over for a visit and a walk to the park. It was a beautiful day. Now I'm just doing laundry and getting ready for tomorrow and the rest of the week.
I just watched Life's Little Miracles (a show that follows kids a Sick Kid's Hospital in Toronto through surgeries etc.) I couldn't fined the remote and I couldn't move because Audrey was falling asleep in my arms... anyway the show makes you care about these kids and after some touch and go, they make it through the episode... Then I was reading my friend's blog (Woodfest - "Universal Language" was the post, you can link to it on my side bar) The story told is heartbreaking and beautiful, in a way. The difference is, this story took place in the Philippines and the show takes place in Canada. Both real life but, worlds apart.
Lord have mercy.
Ruth at 8:52 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Partying til 11pm! Woh, you're an animal.
Good to hear Audrey's back on schedule and that Sam's enjoying his school's. I'm still amazed that Sam has such good pitch! And tuning that little giutar into fifths and thirds, wow.
On a completely different note. Does the religious community in Winnipeg tend to support a lot of Bush's Christian policies suchas Intelligent Design, anti-abortion and anti-stem cell research?

September 20, 2005 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home