AAAAHHHHH......
I'm a little stressed. I am trying to keep up with my job! It is the busiest time of the year for us aside from recital in May... Our voice mail at work fills up every couple of hours... it's a full time job just being on the phone and returning calls. I finished returning about 35 messages this afternoon and called into the voice mail to find another 24 messages waiting. My stress aside, this is very good! Registration is looking good. The biggest problem is that I'm trying to train our new business manager, who knows nothing about dance or our studio, while doing EVERYTHING!
My poor husband, my poor kids!
Audrey is still waking in the night, but tonight she fell asleep in my arms "unassisted" by breast or bottle. I wasn't even trying, she was just in my arms and started to snuggle! Then she just closed her eyes and sighed!
Sam started back at Little Lambs Christian Pre School on Tuesday. He had no issues! He got his favourite bike (big gym full of toys...) and was happy to chat away with one of the sweetest teachers, Mrs. M. I'm not sure he noticed I'd left! He starts Montessori in the afternoons next week.
Tomorrow, Sam starts Speech Therapy!!!! I can' tell you how excited I am!! Finally after a year and a half, some help.
Tonight we went over to our next door neighbour's house. From the outside the houses are basically identical, but inside there are some nice differences. (We went for tours of each other's houses!) We have been neighbours for 4 years and this is the first time we've gotten together! Sad really. They have a three year old named Sam (very blonde... so different looking from our Sam) and an 18 month old Jake. The kids all got along SO well! They shared toys at both houses with not even one incident. No yelling, pushing or crying! Both Sam's are going to the same Montessori school, but their Sam is going in the mornings. They're moving in the spring sometime, only a number of blocks away... We were all really sad that we hadn't spent more time together sooner! We'll have to go for play dates.
She is a Crown Prosecutor and he is a Police Officer. How opposite to Chris and I can you get!? I guess there's truth in "opposites attract".
Oh enough already.
I feel less stressed now... thank you to anyone who reads this... you are taking a piece of my stress away with you!
Tonight really made me think about friends. I'd like so much to be able to give TLC to the existing relationships I (we) have and to take the time to build new ones. One needs to revisit ones priorities and values and remember to live life according to those important things.
I'm so insecure under it all, I know some of you are laughing at me because I'm so extraverted! But really I'm so bad at socializing, I have a hard time making eye contact even if I like someone and know them! I'm no sure what I'm afraid of. Maybe that they'll see my "life wounds", I'll appear all fleshy and vulnerable. I won't be Super Woman anymore! (I gotta get over that)
I gotta go to bed, who knows how long Audrey will let me sleep!
My poor husband, my poor kids!
Audrey is still waking in the night, but tonight she fell asleep in my arms "unassisted" by breast or bottle. I wasn't even trying, she was just in my arms and started to snuggle! Then she just closed her eyes and sighed!
Sam started back at Little Lambs Christian Pre School on Tuesday. He had no issues! He got his favourite bike (big gym full of toys...) and was happy to chat away with one of the sweetest teachers, Mrs. M. I'm not sure he noticed I'd left! He starts Montessori in the afternoons next week.
Tomorrow, Sam starts Speech Therapy!!!! I can' tell you how excited I am!! Finally after a year and a half, some help.
Tonight we went over to our next door neighbour's house. From the outside the houses are basically identical, but inside there are some nice differences. (We went for tours of each other's houses!) We have been neighbours for 4 years and this is the first time we've gotten together! Sad really. They have a three year old named Sam (very blonde... so different looking from our Sam) and an 18 month old Jake. The kids all got along SO well! They shared toys at both houses with not even one incident. No yelling, pushing or crying! Both Sam's are going to the same Montessori school, but their Sam is going in the mornings. They're moving in the spring sometime, only a number of blocks away... We were all really sad that we hadn't spent more time together sooner! We'll have to go for play dates.
She is a Crown Prosecutor and he is a Police Officer. How opposite to Chris and I can you get!? I guess there's truth in "opposites attract".
Oh enough already.
I feel less stressed now... thank you to anyone who reads this... you are taking a piece of my stress away with you!
Tonight really made me think about friends. I'd like so much to be able to give TLC to the existing relationships I (we) have and to take the time to build new ones. One needs to revisit ones priorities and values and remember to live life according to those important things.
I'm so insecure under it all, I know some of you are laughing at me because I'm so extraverted! But really I'm so bad at socializing, I have a hard time making eye contact even if I like someone and know them! I'm no sure what I'm afraid of. Maybe that they'll see my "life wounds", I'll appear all fleshy and vulnerable. I won't be Super Woman anymore! (I gotta get over that)
I gotta go to bed, who knows how long Audrey will let me sleep!






3 Comments:
Just wanted to let you know that I AM SUPERWOMAN so you can get over thinking that you are. :) Totally just kidding!
Silver started school yesterday. It was so cute. I wanted to stay in the class and just see him interact with the kids and the teacher. When I did peek in he was helping someone by getting them a chair. So cute!
You sound so busy. I pray God gives you strength and peace in this crazy time.
Ruth,
I feel exactly the same way...I find it hard to socialize and meet new people. I think I am scared that they will think I am stupid and not worth it! Or that they will see all my faults. I see them all the time. What's funny about that is that when people first meet me they can be intimidated because I'm putting up a wall to hide behind! My wall becomes a barrier. But I also find that when I let the wall down, people are so interesting and supportive! Preston (the introvert!) is way better at meeting people - he can be so friendly, but it does tire him out!
I guess this is what it is like to live the life of a "4".
I'll be thinking about you in the next few days and weeks!
Sometimes I think we should just hold a big meeting and all agree that we are not superwomen!!
Sounds like life is crazy right now. Way to go for taking on such a challenging job - I am sure there are growing pains. God seems to use leadership to strengthen our characters (why does it seem like He isn't as interested in me being comfortable as I am??)
I can totally relate to being overwhelmed (in church life and at times in nursing life). I will pray for you!!
BTW do you know if Jen James has a blogsite?? I am wondering how midwifery is going.
Post a Comment
<< Home