Peep Show
I've received a lot of these type of emails recently so here you go... a peep into my less public self.
10 years ago today-> I met my husband, Chris at the end of August 10 years ago... at il Fornello restaurant. We both worked there. He was new I got mad at him for seating people in the wrong place... we got married three years later!
5 years ago -> Summer of 2000. Found out we were expecting our son SAM!! Very scary and very wonderful!
1 year ago-> Glad we were having a cool summer because I was pregnant with our daughter Audrey.
Yesterday -> Had a garage sale, took Sam and Audrey to their friend Trinity's Birthday Party (FUN!) Went for a walk as a family, watched Stuart Little with Sam, watched the Stepford Wives after the kids were in bed. Went to bed.
Tomorrow -> Big day at work. Office work and teaching an intensive 4 day workshop. Gearing up for the fall session.
5 snacks I enjoy -> Fresh fruit, nachos, chocolate, cheese and crackers, pretzels
5 adult beverages I enjoy -> Red wine, diet Pepsi, water (room temp), Cosmo martinis, Bourbon sours.
5 bands I know the lyrics to-> I’m very bad with lyrics...
5 things I would do with $100 000 000 -> Finish getting out of debt, put aside some for my kids to go to university, buy a house near my family in Ontario, by a European Villa (Italy, France... a vineyard...), give to charities/ church(es)
5 locations I would like to run away to -> Italy, Southern France, Germany, England, Ireland
5 bad habits I have -> staying up late, watching too much tv, leaving housework/dishes undone, procrastinating, avoiding people’s eyes when I talk to them
5 things I love doing -> dancing, talking to my hubby, keeping in touch with family, playing with my kids, having a good argument
5 things I would never wear -> hummm, as long as I looked good and wasn't offensive... I'd try it... might not do it again...
5 tv shows I like ->ER, CSI, the OC, Who's Line is it Anyway?, and (sadly) Big Brother 6... I'm sorry.
5 movies I like-> Truly Madly Deeply, Stealing Beauty, A Room with a View, Dead Poets Society, Anything 80's brat pack...
5 famous people I would love to meet-> Sarah Jessica Parker -actress, Martha Graham- dancer, etc. (dead, but if it were possible), Ella Fitzgerald & Nina Simone -jazz singers (again, dead, but if possible) George W. Bush (so I could kick his ass), Madeleine L'Engle (author)
5 biggest joys at the moment -> my kids, going on dates with my hubby (far too few and far between), dancing/ choreographing, connecting with friends and family (blogging), reading.
5 favorite toys-> toys?? Computer, iPod, video camera, digital camera, my hubby... ;)
I hope that satisfies for now!
10 years ago today-> I met my husband, Chris at the end of August 10 years ago... at il Fornello restaurant. We both worked there. He was new I got mad at him for seating people in the wrong place... we got married three years later!
5 years ago -> Summer of 2000. Found out we were expecting our son SAM!! Very scary and very wonderful!
1 year ago-> Glad we were having a cool summer because I was pregnant with our daughter Audrey.
Yesterday -> Had a garage sale, took Sam and Audrey to their friend Trinity's Birthday Party (FUN!) Went for a walk as a family, watched Stuart Little with Sam, watched the Stepford Wives after the kids were in bed. Went to bed.
Tomorrow -> Big day at work. Office work and teaching an intensive 4 day workshop. Gearing up for the fall session.
5 snacks I enjoy -> Fresh fruit, nachos, chocolate, cheese and crackers, pretzels
5 adult beverages I enjoy -> Red wine, diet Pepsi, water (room temp), Cosmo martinis, Bourbon sours.
5 bands I know the lyrics to-> I’m very bad with lyrics...
5 things I would do with $100 000 000 -> Finish getting out of debt, put aside some for my kids to go to university, buy a house near my family in Ontario, by a European Villa (Italy, France... a vineyard...), give to charities/ church(es)
5 locations I would like to run away to -> Italy, Southern France, Germany, England, Ireland
5 bad habits I have -> staying up late, watching too much tv, leaving housework/dishes undone, procrastinating, avoiding people’s eyes when I talk to them
5 things I love doing -> dancing, talking to my hubby, keeping in touch with family, playing with my kids, having a good argument
5 things I would never wear -> hummm, as long as I looked good and wasn't offensive... I'd try it... might not do it again...
5 tv shows I like ->ER, CSI, the OC, Who's Line is it Anyway?, and (sadly) Big Brother 6... I'm sorry.
5 movies I like-> Truly Madly Deeply, Stealing Beauty, A Room with a View, Dead Poets Society, Anything 80's brat pack...
5 famous people I would love to meet-> Sarah Jessica Parker -actress, Martha Graham- dancer, etc. (dead, but if it were possible), Ella Fitzgerald & Nina Simone -jazz singers (again, dead, but if possible) George W. Bush (so I could kick his ass), Madeleine L'Engle (author)
5 biggest joys at the moment -> my kids, going on dates with my hubby (far too few and far between), dancing/ choreographing, connecting with friends and family (blogging), reading.
5 favorite toys-> toys?? Computer, iPod, video camera, digital camera, my hubby... ;)
I hope that satisfies for now!






2 Comments:
I can't believe I forgot to put coffee (lattes) as a favourite beverage! What was I thinking?!
Hi Ruth, as a response, here are my answers to the same questions
10 years ago today-> I was working at summer camp (for the last full summer) as a 1 on 1 worker
5 years ago -> Was planning on going to New Zealand with my Friend Evan (Met my wife 1 month later and never went)
1 year ago-> trying to figure out if we could afford a car
Yesterday ->Took my son to church so that wife and 1 month old could sleep. Looked at buying a used Westfalia. Hung out with your family and watched Stuart Little with them
Tomorrow -> Try to survive another day.
5 snacks I enjoy -> Bits and Bites, KFC (is that a snack?) Pretzles, Chips and dip, Almonds.
5 adult beverages I enjoy -> Tom Collins, Any Martini, Single Malt Scotch on the rocks, Diet Pepsi with Lime (of all the diet sodas), Iced Coffee
5 bands I know the lyrics to-> All that I listen to.
5 things I would do with $100 000 000 -> Purchase a new Westfalia, Pay off the House, Pay off all my friends houses/debts. Buy a Newspaper, Start a Summer Camp for Kids, Visit Friends in other countries. Work in as many 3rd world countries as is possible.
5 locations I would like to run away to -> New Zealand, Ireland, New Zealand, OZ, Narnia
5 bad habits I have -> Only my wife know and she's not telling
5 things I love doing -> Getting enough sleep, waking up in nature, Roughhousing with my kids, figuring stuff out, Eating
5 things I would never wear -> Anything uncomfortable
5 tv shows I like ->Battlestar Gallactica(new one), Mythbusters, Firefly (The new Feature film opens in 32 days, Everyone go opening weekend), Coupling, Any Bill Scott Cartoon (George of the Jungle, Rock and Bullwinkle, Capt. Crunch)
5 movies I like-> Cassablanca, Better Off Dead, Princess Bride, Joe vs. The Volcano, Unbreakable
5 famous people I would love to meet-> Chris Ryan (amazing Opera Singer), Ruth Ruttan Ryan (Fabulous Dancer), Madonna (If I could meet the real her), Lois McMaster Bujold (writer), Albert Einstein
5 biggest joys at the moment -> My Son, My Other Son, My Wife (at the moment right?), My Life, My Bed
5 favorite toys-> Dinky Cars, Sidewalk Chalk, Bicycle, Home Theatre, Westfalia
I hope that satisfies for now!
Post a Comment
<< Home