Haircuts and spiders and pumpkins, oh my!
I took Sam for a hair cut on Friday at Magicuts. Sam has A LOT of thick dark hair and getting a good hair cut is proving impossible. We've tried the Hair Do Zoo (specializing in kids haircuts only) only to have a Hair Do Re Do... they suck. We've tried the salon that Chris and I go to... no luck... I've tried to do it myself, only to end up in tears (me not Sam... I did a very bad job) We heard Magicuts wasn't too bad for kids cuts... It stared off well... I was insistent about the length and I made her re cut the back twice, until it was short enough (something I'm very shy about when I'm in the chair... I wish I had the guts to speak up) We were out of the chair and paying before I realized that his bangs looked like she'd used rusty scissors! And there were a few longish pieces poking out the back at the nape of his neck! I was too tired by then to say anything. Pooh! How hard is it to get a decent boys haircut in this town!? Now you might think it's Sam's fault... but my son sits very still and has great posture (thanks to Miss Kristie's Creative Movement Class!) He is very patient and very quiet (scared I think!) So it ain't his fault! At least he still has his boyish good looks (and those beautiful big blue eyes with the long, long eyelashes!)
As for the spiders, and pumpkins, we put a purple plush spider web on our front door and we cut out and coloured a spider (green and purple with red eyes) to stick in the web. We also hung a little wooden pumpkin with a ghost on our mailbox. Today was very busy but good. The kids are both asleep and I'm all alone :( Chris is in Toronto and flies to NY tomorrow, until the 23rd. I think I might watch a movie and eat chocolate. If you know me you'll know I'll only catch the opening credits before I'm sound asleep! Good night!
As for the spiders, and pumpkins, we put a purple plush spider web on our front door and we cut out and coloured a spider (green and purple with red eyes) to stick in the web. We also hung a little wooden pumpkin with a ghost on our mailbox. Today was very busy but good. The kids are both asleep and I'm all alone :( Chris is in Toronto and flies to NY tomorrow, until the 23rd. I think I might watch a movie and eat chocolate. If you know me you'll know I'll only catch the opening credits before I'm sound asleep! Good night!






4 Comments:
I knew you could figure it out Ruth! between you and Helen there's simply no hiding behind a name change. I remember having the same kind of problems you're talking about with R getting his hair cut. His is very fine and it didn't matter where we went there were always stray hairs. I got so I told them I wanted it shorter than I really did (and once in a while it was cut to that length, ugh) but in general I found the clippers the best route...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I am more than willing to give S a nice short Haircut. I do E's and it isn't too bad. Just not too creative.
i call e's haircut the #3. that is, length option #3 on the razor.
Post a Comment
<< Home