...Beauty in Chaos...: BALANCE

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

BALANCE

112_2.JPG
I haven't had the time to post... Life has been a crazy unbalanced place this month. I have been working like crazy... Recital's coming up, so I'm finishing dances, organizing costumes etc., etc. We are getting ready for the summer programs and fall. It feels a little like it will never end right now.
Last week I did manage to find some balance in my life. I headed off to California... Hollywood (sounds so "not my life") to dance. I'm not sure how to explain it. I was there (with two other dancers from Canada) to create dance for David Ruis' new CD. He is collaborating with dancers, painters and a sculpture to make a DVD of a performance of the music (in May) It was supposed to be filmed this past week but has been moved to May... Which I can't make because of recital. I'm so bummed.
We spent 12 hour days dancing to a live band (most of the time). We got to do whatever we wanted!! On the second day we were right in Hollywood at SIR studios for rehearsals. It was really cool! Van Morrison was there (I saw him!) The studio had these great stools (huge) that I improved with/ danced on, around, in... It was very freeing for me to let go and just dance. We got to perform on the Friday night and then I hopped on an overnight flight to get home in time to do picture day at the studio in Winnipeg! I was beat!
There was so much to the trip, I don't have energy or words to describe it... But it was cool. I met neat people too. (new blogging friends!)
the picture above was taken by a good friend last month. He did a bunch of me just goofing around. For more (some are really cool) Click here. On the side bar in my new promo shot (by the same photographer)
For some pictures of my trip (silly and fun) you can check out this link... Alexandra's blog (she was one of the other dancers... and the one who got me involved... thank you!)
I'll try to post some video of our time in the studio and The Loft (where we danced).
Ruth at 8:23 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger hayes said...

Hey I'm glad you came! Totally bummed about May too. Did you happen to get Rachels blog addy? i'll bring you the pictures on disc tomorrow.

April 25, 2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Sounds like a great opportunity!!! Fun! Holleywood!
Hope you continue to find that balance! We all need it!

April 30, 2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home