Season of Change
Today is a big day... we are making an offer on a house in Toronto. We had made one before on a different house but nothing became of it due to the vendor's agents being a bit curmudgeon (is that a word?)
Anyway, this house is smaller but nicer "vibe" and more expensive. They've dropped their price twice after three months on the market and little interest. Now, of course, there's interest and we will be in a multiple offer situation. This means we are going in with a "clean" offer, no conditions. We had a home inspection done this morning and everything looks pretty good. My Dad and my Aunt were there to oversee things and met the current owners (chatted them up!) The woman is from Winnipeg!
It's a a bit nerve racking. We are going in with our best price and hope that the no conditions and 5% deposit are enough to get us the house. Offers are being presented at 8pm EST (7 pm our time) Of course, truly this is out of our hands. So please pray or send us "good vibes" or think of us, whatever's your thing.
This whole process has been more complicated than I thought. Lots of details I never would have imagined... thanks to everyone who has helped make this as easy as possible! I think we've done a pretty good job of keeping our cool throughout. The kids keep us grounded whether we like it or not!
Next on the agenda is packing and booking a mover. I've booked four appointments for estimates so far, one today and three tomorrow, and I've called at least eight others.
It feels like the momentum is really picking up.
The other day I wrote a letter to Sam's Montessori school to give a months notice of withdrawal. I cried my eyes out as I wrote. As a go for walks in the neighbourhood or watch the kids play with the neighbours, I try to soak up every moment and savour it all. The weather is beginning to change, cooling off a little and the leaves are changing. Autumn is by far my favourite season. A season of change.
Here's a link to the listing... of course if it sells it won't work anymore so click now :o)
Anyway, this house is smaller but nicer "vibe" and more expensive. They've dropped their price twice after three months on the market and little interest. Now, of course, there's interest and we will be in a multiple offer situation. This means we are going in with a "clean" offer, no conditions. We had a home inspection done this morning and everything looks pretty good. My Dad and my Aunt were there to oversee things and met the current owners (chatted them up!) The woman is from Winnipeg!
It's a a bit nerve racking. We are going in with our best price and hope that the no conditions and 5% deposit are enough to get us the house. Offers are being presented at 8pm EST (7 pm our time) Of course, truly this is out of our hands. So please pray or send us "good vibes" or think of us, whatever's your thing.
This whole process has been more complicated than I thought. Lots of details I never would have imagined... thanks to everyone who has helped make this as easy as possible! I think we've done a pretty good job of keeping our cool throughout. The kids keep us grounded whether we like it or not!
Next on the agenda is packing and booking a mover. I've booked four appointments for estimates so far, one today and three tomorrow, and I've called at least eight others.
It feels like the momentum is really picking up.
The other day I wrote a letter to Sam's Montessori school to give a months notice of withdrawal. I cried my eyes out as I wrote. As a go for walks in the neighbourhood or watch the kids play with the neighbours, I try to soak up every moment and savour it all. The weather is beginning to change, cooling off a little and the leaves are changing. Autumn is by far my favourite season. A season of change.
Here's a link to the listing... of course if it sells it won't work anymore so click now :o)






3 Comments:
Ruth,
I've never met you personally, but I feel I know you a little. Cheri has told me about you and what a wonderful friend you've been to her. I've seen you at MW recitals over the years that Cheri's been there. I am sad to know you are moving away, but I know God is going with you,even as He is staying here with us.
I pray your transition time will be guided by Him and that He will provide for every need for you and your family.
I get to your blog from Cheri's link to yours. I enjoy reading about your little ones and the adventures you have with them.
Marilyn (Cheri's mom)
Hey Marilyn!
Thanks for your prays and kind words. Cheri is wonderful and I've enjoyed my 5 years of friendship and teaching her. You however, I hear she can't take anywhere!!
Actually, it was her father that knocked down the sign. I just stood by and pretended I didn't know them. Ha!
Post a Comment
<< Home