...Beauty in Chaos...: Audrey's Words

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Audrey's Words

So I've decided to record my children's development on this blog not for the reader but because I am much better at updating this thing than writing in a "baby book"
I may link the posts to their names on the sidebar.
Anyway... here are Audrey's words at 21 months...

Mommy, Daddy, please (peesss), wow, owie, uh oh, no, thank you, ball, bird, bag, doggy (doddy), shoe (ssssoe), shoes on (sssoen), dirty, pee pee, all done, up, hiya, down, water (wawa), Lambie, baby, yes (da or dees), hot, bye-bye, juice (duiss), book, mine, bottle (babow), woff woof, moo (oooo), meow, squeaking for a mouse, car (ca), chalk (ck).
This week she has improved these words and added cookie (very clear), hat, help, slide (ssside) and today she said food (fffooooo!) and out side (ou ssside).

She loves to spin around and dance. She loves to jump up and down with her hair all wild (she looks just like Animal form the Muppets!) She loves to climb under the covers of everyone's beds, and climb up in other's chairs at meal times and try every one's food (our friend said Audrey's just like a real live "Goldie Locks"... she's right!)
She climbs everything. She thinks she can fly (likes to jump, unassisted, off stairs, tables, play structures...!!) Fearless, especially at the playground. Loves to go down the slides a thousand times. Loves the swings - she sometimes throws her head back to look up a the sky swinging by, or hang forward with all her limbs just hanging. Every now and then she'll have a little "joy spurt" where all her limbs flail and she squeals with delight.
She blows kisses and plays shy (for a few seconds) with new people. She naps once a day for about 2 hours... we never know if it will be morning or afternoon.
She loves Sam, A LOT! She cries when he leaves, it's really cute. Like wise she get SO excited when she sees him again, usually shrieking and laughing while giving him big hugs. She follows Sam around and imitates him.
She gives kisses (usually mouth open) and roars when she has her lion bath towel on.
She gets into everything! She likes to ignore you and run away instead of coming when called.
She weighs about 23 lbs, and has fine, curly golden brown hair... I'm not sure how tall she is they didn't measure her at the last doc's appointment.
She goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 pm and usually wakes around 7 am. She still takes a bottle of water to bed with her (Sam was still nursing at her age... this is her vice)
I'm writing this thinking, "what will I want to know in 5, 10 years from now..."
That's it for now!
Ruth at 5:24 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

she's a sweetie, that's for sure!

October 01, 2006 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should make an audio recording of her speaking and post it! It'd be great to hear and good for archiving too.

October 02, 2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Jen Grisim said...

Aw. Hey Ruth. This blog makes me miss you and your babies a lot. I'm really excited for you though. I hope Toronto is awesome, I'm sure it will be. Love you all! Give the kids a hug and kiss from me!
Love Jen

October 14, 2006 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home