So Busy!
I have been so busy lately... in a good way. Summer is great that way. We get out and have fun... and get eaten by mosquitos! Actually, today we went to the park to see a stage show of the Big Comfy Coach and I didn't get one bite! There were hundreds of dragonflies hovering over the park... eating the mosquitos! It was beautiful! Who woulda thunk it!!??
We've had two busy weekends in a row. Last weekend all three Winnipeg Ryan Families went camping. Yup, Chris, Sam, Audrey and me all in a tent. There were bugs, sun, rain, hail, a tornado (yes one touched down fairly near our area and we had warnings for our area!), fireworks, no beach only water ( the water was so high that there was really nowhere to sit!) mini golf, no sleep, water guns and wet dogs! FUN! But we won't be doing that again soon. Audrey had a bit of a hard time getting settled at night the first night and getting back into routine when we got home.
This weekend we spent with our friends Wes & Helen and their son Eddie. We went to St. Norbert's Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. We got strawberries and veggies and the boys got wooden cars (by 10 am the temp was 29C!) We then headed to McNally Robinson's for lunch (yummmmm) We had a gift certificate. Wes found an awesome "children's" book. It was so sarcastic... it was really for the parents! I think it was called "The Day I Traded my Dad for Two Goldfish" (?)
Naps for the little ones after that, at our house. The adults played Apples to Apples (adult version - there's a kids version too) It's very silly, no thought really, and super easy to play! We had a great time. Then we had dinner and went for a boat ride at the Forks. The water is REALLY high!
We dropped off the kids at their respective grandparents places and went out for drinks on a nice little patio. Very adult and civilized! A nice day. And then today as you've read we went to the park. Very HOT!
Throughout the weeks I've bee working doing office admin. and camps, and managing to find time to have a few play dates with other moms. It's nice to build new friendships or strengthen old ones. I'm starting to feel more connected again. I was a little preoccupied by things over the last few months ;)
I think I'm busier than I've been since recital and yet I feel like I have more time. I've been trying to put my priorities in the right order (up for discussion) and make time for the important stuff. I've even had time to pray and read! Life is nice right now. Never boring or without difficulties or flaws... but right now is nice. I give thanks!
We've had two busy weekends in a row. Last weekend all three Winnipeg Ryan Families went camping. Yup, Chris, Sam, Audrey and me all in a tent. There were bugs, sun, rain, hail, a tornado (yes one touched down fairly near our area and we had warnings for our area!), fireworks, no beach only water ( the water was so high that there was really nowhere to sit!) mini golf, no sleep, water guns and wet dogs! FUN! But we won't be doing that again soon. Audrey had a bit of a hard time getting settled at night the first night and getting back into routine when we got home.
This weekend we spent with our friends Wes & Helen and their son Eddie. We went to St. Norbert's Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. We got strawberries and veggies and the boys got wooden cars (by 10 am the temp was 29C!) We then headed to McNally Robinson's for lunch (yummmmm) We had a gift certificate. Wes found an awesome "children's" book. It was so sarcastic... it was really for the parents! I think it was called "The Day I Traded my Dad for Two Goldfish" (?)
Naps for the little ones after that, at our house. The adults played Apples to Apples (adult version - there's a kids version too) It's very silly, no thought really, and super easy to play! We had a great time. Then we had dinner and went for a boat ride at the Forks. The water is REALLY high!
We dropped off the kids at their respective grandparents places and went out for drinks on a nice little patio. Very adult and civilized! A nice day. And then today as you've read we went to the park. Very HOT!
Throughout the weeks I've bee working doing office admin. and camps, and managing to find time to have a few play dates with other moms. It's nice to build new friendships or strengthen old ones. I'm starting to feel more connected again. I was a little preoccupied by things over the last few months ;)
I think I'm busier than I've been since recital and yet I feel like I have more time. I've been trying to put my priorities in the right order (up for discussion) and make time for the important stuff. I've even had time to pray and read! Life is nice right now. Never boring or without difficulties or flaws... but right now is nice. I give thanks!






2 Comments:
Wow! Sounds like a very exciting time your having. If I had a day like the one you discribed I would have passed out in the middle of Apples to Apples :)
Was the show in the park free? What park was it at? I kinda sad that I never knew about it the kids would have loved it.
We just went camping at Grand Beach this weekend with a bunch of families from our church. I even got to go sailing with my husband on our laser - it was so windy that we just about tipped. The only really bad thing is Elias got poison ivy ALL over. Poor guy. This next weekend we are going to Opapiskaw - have you ever been there? It is one of our favourite campsites in the Whiteshell. Two back to back camping weekends should have an interesting effect on my household tidiness.
Post a Comment
<< Home