...Beauty in Chaos...: God Talk and Gossip

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

God Talk and Gossip

Someone said to me that they'd been reading my blog... They said that I "Think about God a lot". I really wasn't sure how to take this. I work in a Christian environment. All Christian all the time. This is wonderful and has it's drawbacks, like any job. Many of my friends, if not all, are Christian... of one kind or another. So God is going to come up. At the same time there are times when I wish we could just not mention His name! It stops meaning what it's supposed to after a while and becomes all business and catch phrases. Like we're just talkin' the talk. I seek understanding... of anything and everything. This is and will take me down many roads. Yes, I am a Christian, and right now I spend a lot of time thinking about God... because I have to and sometimes I want to. I am so far from being the "good little Christian girl". I have huge dust bunnies in my closet and I desperately try and forget about them... sometimes I vacuum (I'm speaking metaphorically here... well okay I do have dust bunnies...) I don't live up to my own standards sometimes and I'm sure I let many people down everyday. However, in the works of a good friend...
There will always be someone prettier, richer, more talented, braver, stronger, more flexible (grrrrrr), more successful, more outgoing, funnier, bla bla bla........ So seek God and he will be your comfort and guide. You don't have to be the BEST at anything so don't feel down when someone else goes above and beyond you. Also be released to enjoy your moments of being the BEST. There will be times when you will go far beyond others, DON'T feel bad about that either. People assume that those who are successful at something are perfectly happy or fulfilled. That's just not always true. We all have our journey on this planet and it's entirely different than anyone else's. So chill out, seek God, and take risks. (blatantly stolen from Alexandra)
I am happy here, right now. There is always something to work on, that's part of the adventure. Life would be boring without something to seek.
I'm beginning to ramble... aahhh! I've been doing this a lot lately. No longer making sense... must stop before... ooo... crap... whaa... aahhh... help!
Good Night!
Ruth at 10:13 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger hayes said...

Hey thanks for quoting me:) Sometimes I love that I always have some kind of project on the go and other times I long for everything to be complete so I could just sit back and relax. But I would rather be constantly inspired than not at all. O.K I don't actually know it that made sense?

October 26, 2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

I think this is what the bible means by "Praying at all times..."

Of course you talk about God....He's your centre. And unlike some random "topic", he is a living moving force in your life. "Thru him and by him you have your being..."

This is the biggest compliment I think you could ever get. Not only are you living for him in the secret place, but it's obvious to those around you on the outside. You just can't help but talk about Him....after all...isn't that what a smitten Bride does????

Just a thought

October 26, 2005 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home