...Beauty in Chaos...: Running High

Friday, October 06, 2006

Running High

Emotions are running high these days. (and no I'm not pmsing or pregnant)
This morning Sam was looking out the window at the garden in the backyard and asked if we could take his plant (that he had grown from a seed at Montessori) with us when we move. We explained that it wouldn't survive the move and that maybe Nanny could adopt his plant. His chin began to quiver and he said he was going to miss his plant. I tried to hold back tears.
I've been cancelling services and tying up loose ends. I'm also making arrangements for our arrival. I've called several Montessori schools only to find them full (no surprise really) I've got Audrey on the waiting list at one right around the corner from our new place, but there's no room for Sam. I cried. I'm so worried about Sam's transition. He takes a long time to get used to a place and I was really hoping he could continue in a similar environment. I did the name dropping thing and everything, but in the end it's out of our hands.
At least the weather is beautiful. The wind in gentle and blowing my chimes on the front porch. The colourful leaves are filing my yard. Every year that we've been here, except this one, it has snowed on Oct. 5th. At least flurries. Yesterday was a glorious balmy day. I'm thinking of this as a gift. An extended Autumn to keep my spirits up.
As much as I'm sad to see so many things come to an end, it is wonderful to think that I'll spend the whole Christmas season with my family and the other half of Chris's family. I'm excited to start new projects and make a new space ours. I'm excited for the four of us to need each other so completely. There will be many hugs and kisses and reminders that we love each other as we integrate the changes. A snuggle is always a good thing.













Gotta go... boxes have just been delivered.
SAVE YOUR NEWSPAPERS FOR US PLEASE!!
Happy Beautiful Fall Day!
Ruth at 10:32 AM