It's been a while since I've felt able to blog. I feel pretty good right now, so let's blog!
I'm sitting in a cafe in the Bloor West Village, Toronto. I've just come from a rehearsal and lunch with my dancer girlfriends. I'm having a coffee and checking my email, just hanging out until I work at the Pilates studio. It's beautiful out! I am happy!
Tomorrow is a huge day for me and for our dance company. We are heading to Markham Theatre (north of the city) to be filmed dancing. The piece is called Threshold, a beautiful (trio) dance about "drinking deeply from wells of strange beauty and experience". I love it!! I'm so excited to dance it over and over again tomorrow. It will mean an early morning and a long day, but I can't wait, I get to perform! This is all about promotion and getting ourselves some tours/ work.
Life is pretty crazy but pretty wonderful right now. I have been granted so much grace, comfort and support. I have been given so much freedom to follow my dreams. Life is never easy, it's always complicated. But, wow, is it ever good!
I've been reconnecting with lots of old friends... some that I've known for 20 years. It's great to finally feel like I'm building a community. It really does take a village to raise a child! I need two :o) It's too bad many of us live at opposite ends of the city from each other, but then there's facebook, blogs, email, phone, iChat, the communication options are scary!
With any luck I'll keep this writing thing up and get back up to my old poetic stylings again! hahaha There's so much to tell, but now I must work.
Wish us luck tomorrow!
Ciao!
I'm sitting in a cafe in the Bloor West Village, Toronto. I've just come from a rehearsal and lunch with my dancer girlfriends. I'm having a coffee and checking my email, just hanging out until I work at the Pilates studio. It's beautiful out! I am happy!
Tomorrow is a huge day for me and for our dance company. We are heading to Markham Theatre (north of the city) to be filmed dancing. The piece is called Threshold, a beautiful (trio) dance about "drinking deeply from wells of strange beauty and experience". I love it!! I'm so excited to dance it over and over again tomorrow. It will mean an early morning and a long day, but I can't wait, I get to perform! This is all about promotion and getting ourselves some tours/ work.
Life is pretty crazy but pretty wonderful right now. I have been granted so much grace, comfort and support. I have been given so much freedom to follow my dreams. Life is never easy, it's always complicated. But, wow, is it ever good!
I've been reconnecting with lots of old friends... some that I've known for 20 years. It's great to finally feel like I'm building a community. It really does take a village to raise a child! I need two :o) It's too bad many of us live at opposite ends of the city from each other, but then there's facebook, blogs, email, phone, iChat, the communication options are scary!
With any luck I'll keep this writing thing up and get back up to my old poetic stylings again! hahaha There's so much to tell, but now I must work.
Wish us luck tomorrow!
Ciao!






3 Comments:
Looking foreward to hearing more about your dance company you are apart of! "mared" for tomorrow! i was due yesturday...so impatience is the emotion of the day...i should enjoy it while it lasts i know-everytime i feel a contraction i say "oh God make it hurt more!!!" - so i know they are the ones that are going to bring out this BABY!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Well, I never know which one is the appropriate saying, so "break a leg" or "merde" or "good luck". Whichever one is actually good luck.
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home