Well, here it is for another year… my birthday… happy 29th (again) to me!! Hahahaha
This morning Chris changed Audrey’s diaper (still working on nighttime potty training) and I got snuggles in bed from both kiddos. Then I got coffee in bed and an awesome card from Sam! YAY!
After getting Sam to school I headed off to dance class at 509 Dance Collective. As a birthday gift (and sort of a new year’s commitment, not resolution) to myself, I bought a 10 card of classes for the month. I want to alternate going twice a week and three times a week every month with Pilates, stretching and walking on the other days. So far it’s working out well and I feel great, mostly, sometimes old!
I’ve been to a few classes now and I love it! I’m loving the challenge of new teachers and professional level class work. Fortunately there are classes to take in Toronto every weekday. Unfortunately it isn’t free like Winnipeg!
Today was really physical. Megan O’Shea taught an untraditionally arranged class no barre work (contemporary). Simple in mechanics of movement but with complicated coordination and it was extremely physical!! Real cool if I wasn’t 29 (again) I had to really push myself to last the class out and to keep myself from leaving! It was tiring but a good lesson and rewarding in the end. I loved her combination at the end of class. Powerful, strong movement and jam packed with jumps, turns, rolls… everything. Two of the girls had done the combo before and the rest of us just put our heads down and hoped we came out on the other end alive! I was alive, but I’m sure it wasn’t pretty… next time!
Prospects for work are good. I have some neat things beginning to happen. Seeds if you will. I’ll uncover more for you as it grows and shows me more!
Anyway, that’s it for now.
Your prayers would still be appreciated for emotional and relationship strength.
I’m praying that God would do infinitely more than I (we) could ask or imagine. As uncomfortable as it is I put my tiny self in His massive hands and know there is always Hope.
This morning Chris changed Audrey’s diaper (still working on nighttime potty training) and I got snuggles in bed from both kiddos. Then I got coffee in bed and an awesome card from Sam! YAY!
After getting Sam to school I headed off to dance class at 509 Dance Collective. As a birthday gift (and sort of a new year’s commitment, not resolution) to myself, I bought a 10 card of classes for the month. I want to alternate going twice a week and three times a week every month with Pilates, stretching and walking on the other days. So far it’s working out well and I feel great, mostly, sometimes old!
I’ve been to a few classes now and I love it! I’m loving the challenge of new teachers and professional level class work. Fortunately there are classes to take in Toronto every weekday. Unfortunately it isn’t free like Winnipeg!
Today was really physical. Megan O’Shea taught an untraditionally arranged class no barre work (contemporary). Simple in mechanics of movement but with complicated coordination and it was extremely physical!! Real cool if I wasn’t 29 (again) I had to really push myself to last the class out and to keep myself from leaving! It was tiring but a good lesson and rewarding in the end. I loved her combination at the end of class. Powerful, strong movement and jam packed with jumps, turns, rolls… everything. Two of the girls had done the combo before and the rest of us just put our heads down and hoped we came out on the other end alive! I was alive, but I’m sure it wasn’t pretty… next time!
Prospects for work are good. I have some neat things beginning to happen. Seeds if you will. I’ll uncover more for you as it grows and shows me more!
Anyway, that’s it for now.
Your prayers would still be appreciated for emotional and relationship strength.
I’m praying that God would do infinitely more than I (we) could ask or imagine. As uncomfortable as it is I put my tiny self in His massive hands and know there is always Hope.






5 Comments:
happy 29! (again)
Happy Birfday! Looking forward to seeing what your "seeds" grow into...
Hey Happy BIrthday! Geesh I'm a little late on that. Loved reading this blog about your dance classes. I know how hard and crappy it is to move to a new place and attempt to carve out a life for your self and your family. Bless you guys, lots of love.
Hey Ruth this is Tracey Hinds. :)I was seraching the web to see if you were teaching any dance classes in WPG and I see that you have moved away. Well, very happy for you but sad that I can't take dance with you.
I will be taking some classes at RWB in the summer!!!
I want you to know, and don't forget it, that you made dancing so much fun for myself and the other girls. I want to dance all the time. So, thank-you, you are fabulous and we miss you!
Take care! You and your family are in my prayers as you continue on in your journey.
Hey Ruth, check this out: “In the Christian world, dance is the final frontier,” says Colin Harbinson, the Belhaven College dean. “It’s the last area where we’re battling for acceptance.”
The article's here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/magazine/28dancing.t.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5090&en=023dcff93d204f31&ex=1327640400&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
Post a Comment
<< Home